State

Sep 10, 2013 11:53 AM by Eric Ross

1 Colo boy dead, 1 hurt; carbon monoxide suspected

EDAREDGE, Colo. (AP) - One Colorado teen is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.

According to the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, the boys and one other friend were sleeping in a camper Sunday when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless gas that can cause brain damage or death.

A spokeswoman for Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children said Reid Gates died, and Aaron Henrie was in critical condition. The third teen was hospitalized in good condition.

The boys' ages weren't released, but the newspaper reports all three were students at Cedaredge High School.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Colorado
Story Photo

9 minutes ago

Llama drama

TRINIDAD - It started out as a beautiful day in Trinidad, but suddenly the sounds of birds chirping were interrupted by the...

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

3 hours ago

Rain & Snow On The Way

A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 6 PM tonight until 4 AM Thursday for Teller County, the Rampart Range (including...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4