State

Mar 6, 2011 3:18 PM by AP

Avon condo fire forces evacuations

AVON, Colo. (AP) - Authorities say thirty people were forced to leave their apartments and one was treated for smoke inhalation because of a condo fire in Avon.

Firefighters say the fire behind a bathroom ceiling fan in an apartment unit was reported at about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. KUSA-TV reports that 22 firefighters extinguished the fire at about 7:15 a.m.

Residents were sent to a nearby elementary school where
Salvation Army volunteers provided assistance.
---
Information from: KUSA-TV, http://www.9news.com

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4