Posted: Jun 23, 2010 8:58 PM by Stefanie Boe
It was a close call in Eastern El Paso County Wednesday afternoon after the carburetor on an RV caught fire and sparked a grass fire. Friends and family were preparing for a wedding at the property along Peyton Highway when the fire started. They all jumped in with shovels, hoses and even wet towels to control the fire before it burned down the white wedding tent. Luckily, they were able to control the fire until fire crews arrived on-scene.
Firefighters say it's lucky the grass was cut very short or the outcome could have been different.
The man working on the RV suffered severe burns on his hand and arm, the groom was treated for smoke inhalation.
The wedding should go on as scheduled Saturday.