Feb 11, 2013 9:39 AM by Craig Eliot

Cold with a little more light snow

TODAY: Cold temps with more light snow possible for Colorado Springs and Pueblo. High temps of only 21 for the Colorado Springs and 26 in Pueblo. Expect some light snow this morning through early evening possible for all of us. Less than about ½ to 1" possible for Springs and Pueblo. Snow and higher accumulations are possible around for areas west of I-25 and over the mountains, including: The Rampart Range and the Wet and Sangre de Cristo Mtns. Teller County could see about 1-2 more inches...while it could be as much as another 3-5" around the Wets and Sangres.

TONIGHT: As the storm bringing us the snow today leaves the region we'll start to finally see a better chance of snow for the eastern plains. Fingers crossed for a quick 1-2" of snow for La Junta, Las Animas and Lamar. Any snow showers for the Front Range will be gone by around 9-11 PM. Skies will start to clear a touch...that means it will be cold! Single digits over the mountains and only about 9 in the Springs and 11 in Pueblo. Wind chills values will feel much colder at times!

TUESDAY: Cold and slippery to start the day. A mix of mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies by afternoon with high temps ‘slightly' milder compared to today. 34 for Colorado Springs and 38 in Pueblo. A few flurries will be possible early in the day over the Wet and Sangre de Cristo Mountains and the far eastern plains.

WEDNESDAY: More melting and warming nicely for all of us as we'll be between storm systems. Skies will be sunny most of the day with high temps warming nicely to 49 in the Springs and 53 in Pueblo. The next Pacific storm will start to bring new snow to the high country by late Wednesday night...Thursday and perhaps Friday.

THURSDAY: It will be a quiet start to the day, but by later in the afternoon and evening we'll start to see a chance of snow returning to eastern Colorado. 30% chance over Teller County...about a 40% chance over the Wets and Sangre de Cristo's. Locally the chances for snow will be about 20-30% for Canon City and Colorado Springs. Pueblo and Pueblo West should see a 20% chance. Storm appears to be a bigger factor (again) for the southern half of Colorado...much the same as what we are seeing from today's storm.

FRIDAY: Probably some lingering light show flurries possible over the mountains...including Teller County as well as the far eastern plains around La Junta and Lamar. By afternoon we'll see partly cloudy skies and chilly temps. Only 31 in the Springs and the mid 30's in Canon City and Pueblo.

SATURDAY-SUNDAY: Much quieter, sunnier and warmer weather headed our way for the weekend! Sunny skies for all of us and temps in the upper 40's in the Springs and around 50 in Pueblo and Canon City. Sunday will be about another 4-5 degrees warmer still.


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4