Colorado

Apr 14, 2014 7:33 PM by Joanne Glamm

Colorado Springs fire cause is electrical

An electrical malfunction is the cause of a fire at Montebello Garden Apartments in Colorado Springs.
Two people were treated outside the apartment complex during the two-alarm fire at 3478 Montebello Drive last Friday.
An estimated 8-12 people were displaced from their apartments and two cats were rescued.
According to the Colorado Springs Fire Department, six apartments received smoke and/or fire damage.
The overall loss to property and contents at Montebello Garden Apartments is estimated at $161,000. The amount of property and contents spared from loss is estimated at more than $1-million.
Colorado Springs Fire Department also issued a reminder to people to install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of a home, including the basement.
People are asked to call a qualified electrician if there are recurring problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuit breakers.
An electrician should also be contacted if people notice a tingling feeling when they touch an electrical appliance or there are discolored or warm wall outlets or switches.
Other factors which may indicate a need to call an electrician include a burning smell or rubbery odor coming from an appliance, flickering lights, sparks from a wall outlet or cracked or broken wall outlets.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4