News

Jan 8, 2013 9:09 AM by Craig Eliot

Dry & mild through Thursday and then.....

TODAY: We'll start the day with a few clouds, but by late morning and afternoon mostly sunny skies will abound across eastern Colorado. High for the Springs will reach 51. Pueblo will warm to around 53 degrees. Winds today will be light and skies all across Colorado. Local breezes will be from the south at 10 mph or less.

WEDNESDAY: Abundant sunshine all day with high temps close to our highs today. Skies will be dry across the state...which means smooth traveling by air or car.

THURSDAY: Another quiet and dry day across the News 5 viewing area with temps again right around the lower 50's in the Springs and lower to middle 50's in Pueblo. By Thursday night it will start snowing across the Continental Divide and your favorite ski resort...just in time for making turns this weekend. No advisories yet for snow, but that could change!

FRIDAY: Here come the changes! Cold front and a Pacific storm system will move through the region which means an increasing chance of snow locally by Friday late afternoon and evening! Chances for snow will be 30% for Colorado Springs, 40% or better for northern El Paso and Teller Counties. Snow could actually start around or just after lunch-time across the mountains close to home. Chances for showers for places like Canon City, Walsenburg and Trinidad will be about 20-30%. Pueblo and La Junta will be about 20%. Pretty strong cold friend rolls through around or just after lunch so our high temps will be early in the day and then fall through the afternoon.

SATURDAY: Chance still around to begin the forecast for the day snow showers and it is going to be MUCH colder! High temps will only reach 23 degrees in the Springs and 26 in Pueblo. Temps up in Teller County will stay in the teens. What is the forecast for Denver vs. Baltimore? A few flurries in the morning also in Denver possible...but by the 2:30 kickoff skies will be dry and temps will only be in the upper teens with wind chills making it feel like it is in the single digits! We'll keep a close eye on the forecast!

SUNDAY: It now looks like skies will be mostly cloudy and cold temps sticking around. , but it stays cold! High of only 27 in Colorado Springs and 30 in Pueblo. Temps for Teller County might make it into the lower 20's...and of course colder wind chill values!

MONDAY: To start the new week it will still be cold. Skies will be partly sunny with high temps only getting close to the freezing mark!

Have a great week!

»Comments

More News

Weather - Forecast
Story Photo

11 hours ago

Cooler Thursday

Windy early with blowing dust in some areas. Wind ending overnight tonight. An isolated thunderstorm possible early. Overnight low temperatures will drop...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4