Feb 3, 2010 9:49 AM by Bea Karnes, News First 5
A remodeling project gone bad is being blamed for an explosion at the most expensive home in Summit County.
One person was hospitalized after the explosion Monday in the house where lacquer was being sprayed as part of a remodeling project. Fire officials say lacquer is highly flammable and that the explosion was an accident.
Damage to the house was minimal. The property made Summit County history recently when it sold for $8.285 million. That made it the priciest home sale in county history.