Feb 10, 2013 11:49 AM by Matt Stafford
Here's a look at the deaths related to the massive snowstorm that blanketed the Northeast in 1 to 3 feet of snow and battered the coastline with high winds and some flooding:
- A 73-year-old man fell while cleaning up in Danbury and later died.
- 49-year-old man in Shelton apparently suffered a "medical event" while shoveling snow.
- A man was found dead in a driveway in Bridgeport. His body was discovered under snow.
- A woman in her 80s who was clearing snow Friday in Prospect was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver.
- Gov. Dannel Malloy said five people died; details were not immediately available on the fifth death.
- A 75-year-old man disoriented by whiteout conditions crashed into a tree in Passadumkeag, then drove his pickup onto the Penobscot River. The submerged truck was found Sunday.
- A boy took shelter in a snowed-in car in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston while his father continued to shovel around it and died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities said he was 13 or 14.
- A man in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood also died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a running, snowed-in car.
- A 23-year-old man plowing his driveway with a farm tractor went off the edge of the road and was killed in Columbia County.
- A drive lost control in snowy conditions in Poughkeepsie and fatally struck a 74-year-old man.
- A 58-year-old man apparently suffered a medical problem while removing snow from his car at a senior citizens' apartment complex in Selden on Long Island.
- An 80-year-old woman in Hamilton collapsed while shoveling her driveway.
- A 49-year-old Oshawa man was killed as a result of a multi-vehicle collision in Pickering, east of Toronto, on Friday.
- A 57-year-old Ottawa man died when his car crashed in blizzard conditions near Prescott, Ontario.
Sources: Law enforcement, government officials, AP reporting