Apr 1, 2014 2:49 AM by Chelsea DeCesare
COLORADO SPRINGS- The City of Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management will host a resident preparedness meeting on the post Waldo Canyon Fire flash flood risk today for residents along Camp Creek and the general public.
Camp Creek Flash Flood Preparedness Meeting
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The Castle at Glen Eyrie, 3820 N. 30th Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
The meeting will provide education and updated information with regard to the increased flash flood risk following damage to vegetation in the Waldo Canyon burn scar, and the city's planned response to a potential flash flood. The presentation will also highlight ongoing flood mitigation efforts along areas impacted by the burn scar. Speakers will address key issues relating to flash flood risk in neighborhoods along Camp Creek.
· Analysis of flash flood effects from runoff from Waldo Canyon burn scar
· Current and future mitigation efforts
· Weather forecasting and potential flood impact areas
· Mitigation efforts-what can you do?
· Emergency Preparedness-Know Your Risk, Make Your Plan, Improve Your Outcome
· Stay Informed-Notification methods for flash flood warnings
· City Response to flash flooding events