Oct 22, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Caring for Calluses
(HealthDay News) -- People with diabetes should take good care of their feet to prevent problems caused by poor circulation. And tending to foot calluses is no exception.
The American Diabetes Association offers this advice:
- Do not allow calluses to grow too thick, as they can turn into open sores.
- Don't cut calluses yourself, as this increases the risk of infection.
- Don't use chemical products to remove calluses.
- See your health care provider to have calluses safely and properly removed.
- Each day, use a pumice stone to gently scrub feet when wet, then follow with lotion.