Mar 27, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Ease the Pain of Muscle Cramps
(HealthDay News) -- When muscle cramps strike, there are things you can do to ease the pain and get moving again.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions:
- Take a break from whatever activity triggered the cramp.
- Gently and slowly stretch the cramped muscle, holding the position until the cramp eases.
- Gently massage the cramp.
- If muscles are tight and tense, apply heat.
- If muscles are sore and tender, apply ice.