(HealthDay News) -- By your baby's first birthday, you should start making the transition from bottles to cups.
The Nemours Foundation offers this advice:
- Slowly cut out a bottle at a time (one per week), starting with mealtimes and offering a cup of milk in place of the bottle.
- Cut out the morning bottle first, and eventually drop the afternoon and night-time bottles.
- Eliminate the bedtime bottle last.
- Offer a bedtime snack with a cup of milk in place of the bottle.
- Keep the rest of the bedtime routine (bath, books, cuddles, etc.) the same.
- Praise your child for drinking from a cup like a big kid.
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.