Jun 5, 2014 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Is a Stomachache Serious?
(HealthDay News) -- When your child complains of a stomachache, it's usually nothing to worry about. But sometimes stomach pain can signal a more serious problem.
The University of Michigan Health System explains these warning signs that a child's stomachache requires a doctor's attention:
- If the child is growing more slowly than typical, or is losing weight.
- If the child has excessive vomiting or chronic, severe diarrhea.
- If the child is losing blood from the gastrointestinal tract, or has a fever that can't be explained.
- If the child has persistent right-side abdominal pain.
- If the child has a family history of inflammatory bowel disease.