Aug 13, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Managing With Sensitive Teeth
(HealthDay News) -- Sensitive teeth can make drinking your morning coffee or eating an ice cream cone a painful experience.
The American Dental Association's mouthhealthy.org website suggests how to manage sensitive teeth:
- Brush with a desensitizing toothpaste.
- Get a fluoride gel treatment at your dentist's office.
- Have the dentist apply a crown, inlay or bonding to correct tooth abnormalities.
- Consider a surgical gum graft to protect an exposed root.
- Talk to your dentist about the potential need for a root canal.