Oct 31, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Prepare for Your Child's First Dental Visit
(HealthDay News) -- Baby's first dental visit is very important, even if there is only one tooth.
The American Dental Association explains what should happen at your child's first visit with the dentist:
- A careful examination to look for any injuries, cavities or any other problems with your child's mouth or teeth.
- An evaluation of your child's risk for tooth decay.
- A thorough cleaning of your child's teeth, and suggestions on how to care for teeth daily.
- A discussion of your child's use of pacifiers or thumb-sucking, as well as teething.
- A plan for any needed treatments.