Apr 18, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Some Fats Are Healthier
(HealthDay News) -- Including healthier fats in your daily diet can offer many benefits. They're found in fatty fish, nuts, seeds, avocados, vegetable oils and more.
The University of Michigan Health System says the benefits of these healthier fats in limited quantities include:
- They're rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E and selenium.
- They can assist the body in absorbing essential nutrients such as fat-soluble vitamins from foods.
- They can offer protection against chronic conditions including heart disease, diabetes, cancer, inflammatory conditions and musculoskeletal problems.
- The can help manage high blood pressure, inflammation and high cholesterol.
- In the form of omega-3 fatty acids, they can help promote healthy brain growth and development.