(HealthDay News) -- Traveling can make sticking to your usual exercise routine a challenge, but there are plenty of ways to get in exercise while you're on the road.
The American Council on Exercise lists these suggestions for exercising while traveling:
- Instead of your usual stair-climbing machine, look for tall buildings or stadiums where you can climb the stairs.
- Walk through the new city and explore; look for a hiking trail or a local park.
- Try to walk to more of your destinations rather than driving or taking a cab.
- Find out if your hotel has a fitness center or pool and pack your workout or swim clothes.
- Ask about a local gym where you can get a short-term pass or pack simple workout equipment like a jump rope or an exercise tube.
- Try exercising in your hotel room by doing activities that don't require equipment, such as push-ups and crunches.
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.