Feb 1, 2013 7:00 AM by Diana Kohnle
Health Tip: Troubled by a Toothache?
(HealthDay News) -- Tooth pain can make eating and drinking difficult, and may signal an infection in or around a tooth -- medically called an abscess.
The University of Michigan Health System says warning signs of an abscess include:
- Throbbing pain, particularly when you're chewing.
- An very tender tooth, especially to the touch.
- Gums that appear red and swollen.
- An unpleasant, salty taste in your mouth.
- A swollen jaw or face.
- A fever.
- A lump in the mouth that appears red, swollen or bloody.