Jan 10, 2011 12:12 PM by Greg Boyce
Informational lunch on home energy audit planned
The City of Colorado Springs will sponsor an informational meeting about home energy audits on January 20.
Panel participants will cover topics like:
- When should you hire a professional and what you can accomplish on your own?
- How do you choose an auditor and what should you watch out for?
- What tests should be included in a professional audit and what information you should receive at its conclusion?
- In addition to energy efficiency, what can a professional audit tell you about having a safe, comfortable, healthy and more durable home?
- How much should a professional audit cost and what influences those costs?
- What financial incentives are available for audits and retrofits?
- What community and information resources are available to help?
The lunch-n-learn runs over the noon lunch hour, from 12:11 to 12: 49 p.m., at the City Administration Building, 30 S. Nevada, in Suite 102. Attendees are encouraged to bring and enjoy their lunches during the presentation.
Reducing an average home's energy consumption by 10 percent reduces greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to commuting to work by foot or bicycle one day a week for a year.