CSU-Fort Collins

Oct 20, 2010 3:41 PM by Associated Press

Meningitis suspected in death of CSU student

A student at Colorado State University has died of suspected bacterial meningitis and a second student may have also contracted the disease.

CSU said that student Christina Adame died at 2 a.m. Wednesday, three hours after arriving at the hospital. Adame lived off campus.

The second student who has become ill lives in a dormitory and is now in intensive care at Poudre Valley Hospital.

CSU said school and county health officials don't know if there is any connection between the two students. Both had received vaccinations for meningitis.

CSU says it's working to identify friends and possible roommates and co-workers who may have been exposed to the disease.

»Comments

»Topics in this article

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4