Jun 1, 2010 9:02 AM by Bea Karnes, News First 5
A judge in Mexico has issued an arrest warrant for a former "Survivor" producer suspected in the killing of his wife while on vacation with their children at a Cancun resort.
That's according to the state attorney general in Quintana Roo state, who says prosecutors would initiate extradition proceedings soon seeking to return TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman from the United States.
Francisco Alor says prosecutors will seek "international collaboration" in the return of Beresford-Redman once they have officially confirmed his whereabouts.
Beresford-Redman has denied any involvement in the death last month of his wife, Monica Beresford-Redman.
Police detained the husband briefly and then released him after confiscating his passport and telling him not to leave Mexico. But Beresford-Redman returned to Southern California and stated in court documents there that he had been living with his two children for more than a week.
3 hours ago