Jun 16, 2010 1:43 PM by Bea Karnes, News First 5
A combination or rainy and hot weather have provided perfect breeding conditions for mosquitoes.
The El Paso County Health Department is warning you to take precautions against West Nile Virus.
· Wear insect repellant with DEET.
· DRAIN standing water outside in tires, flower pots and the like.
· Limit outdoor activity at DUSK and DAWN when mosquitoes are most active.
· DRESS in pants and long sleeves when outdoors if possible.
· TREAT standing water such as small ponds and livestock tanks with larvacide "doughnuts."