Feb 18, 2013 9:21 AM by Craig Eliot

Much cooler today. Showers possible again Wednesday

TODAY: After a brief shot of light snow early this morning we'll expect mostly sunny skies and chilly conditions this afternoon. The snow showers were a result of a fast moving wave of energy and cold front and because of that front max temps today will be at least 20 degrees colder today compared to Sunday. High of 38 for Colorado Springs and 44 in Pueblo.

TONIGHT: Clearer and much colder as well. Low temps drop to only 14 in the Springs and 10 in Pueblo. Canon and La Junta stay in the teens.

TUESDAY: Not as chilly, but it will be a little breezy. Temps will warm a touch to around 45 in Colorado Springs and 49 in Pueblo. Winds tomorrow will be from the south at about 10-20 mph. Gusts could be a bit stronger on the eastern plains and for southeastern Colorado. Skies tomorrow will be mostly sunny early and then partly cloudy by later in the afternoon as moisture from the next storm system starts to filter in to the area.

WEDNESDAY: A little colder and a bit breezier for the News 5 viewing area as that storm moves through the region. High temps only reach about 39 in Colorado Springs and 46-47 degrees for Canon City and Pueblo. Around lunch time we'll start to see some snow spreading from the Colorado Mountains to the higher elevations close to home...including Teller County, the Wet Mtns and the Sangre de Cristo's. By afternoon and evening we'll start to see snow possible for the Front Range, so be advised the evening commute could be interesting in spots. Measureable snow is possible again...especially close to the mountains and at the higher elevations.

THURSDAY: We'll start the day with a chance of snow continuing around the area. The early morning drive to work or class could be a slow one. Of course we'll keep you posted. Mostly cloudy during the afternoon and colder temps compared to Wednesday. Upper 30's in the Springs and middle 40's for Pueblo and the lower Arkansas River Valley.

FRIDAY: Another wave of energy from the Pacific will keep snow flying in the high country and at the ski resorts. There is a chance close to home of a few light snow or even rain showers as well. About a 20% chance for Teller County, Monument Hill and the mountains west of I-25. 10-20% chance around Colorado Springs and Canon City. For Pueblo and the eastern plains it looks like chances will only about 10% or less. Skies during the day will be mostly sunny to partly cloudy and temps around 40 in the Springs and 45 in Pueblo.

SATURDAY: A little break in the action with our weather with mostly sunny skies and temps that will be even warmer. High for Colorado Springs 46...50 in Canon City and 51 in Pueblo. There will be another chance for snow later in the day for the mountains west of the Continental Divide and the ski resorts. That next storm is the reason that we'll see another chance for snow possible locally during the day on Sunday.

SUNDAY: The morning forecast will be quiet here, with snow for the mountains for weekend skiers. By late morning and afternoon it will be colder for the eastern half of the state and we'll start to see some more snow showers possible for the lower elevations. Chances for snow will be best around the mountains, Monument Hill and areas along I-25 and to the west. 30-40% chance for Teller County and the Palmer Divide. 30% chance for Colorado Springs, Canon City, Trinidad and Walsenburg. Chances for Pueblo and Pueblo West will be around 20-30%.

Hope you have a great week!


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4