News

Jan 11, 2012 4:01 PM by Zach Thaxton

No injuries in Stratmoor Valley mobile home fire

 

A family of four will receive assistance from the Red Cross after their Stratmoor Valley home burned to the ground Wednesday morning.

The fire began around 9:30 a.m. at 1225 Denise Drive. Homeowner Preston Taylor says it began in or near a gas stove in the living room of the double-wide mobile home that has been in the family for 30 years. His wife and 3-year-old child were home at the time and got out safely. He was in Denver at the time and their 6-year-old was in school. The family dog also got out safely, but the fates of three cats and a turtle remain unknown.

The Stratmoor Hills Fire Department assistant chief says malfunctioning fire hydrants and low water pressure hindered suppression efforts. Colorado Springs Fire Department provided mutual aid to battle the blaze.

 

»Comments

»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4