Colorado

Feb 21, 2013 8:37 PM by David Ortiviz

Pueblo man says candle caused house fires

An unattended candle is being blamed for starting a fire that destroyed two homes and sent a man to the hospital.

The fire broke out around 10 a.m. this morning on the 4500 block of W. 11th St. near the Pueblo Nature Center.

Chris Black, 28, says he left a candle burning and a short time later the mobile homes were fully engulfed. "The whole hallway was nothing but black smoke, it just hit me and that when you're eyes probably get about that big," said Black.

Black says he burned his hands trying to remove some bikes. He also suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to the hospital.

The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the cause, but detectives do not suspect foul play.

Black and his father lived in the homes, which are now a total loss.

 

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos