Jun 30, 2011 2:20 PM by Greg Boyce
Roads to be closed around Broadmoor
Several roads will be closed around the Broadmoor next week because of the U.S. Women's Open.
These roads around the Broadmoor will be closed:
- Cheyenne Mtn. Blvd. is closed from Mirada Rd. to Penrose Blvd. through 6 p.m. on Friday, July 15.
- Mirada Rd. is closed from Pourtales Rd. to Marland Rd. through 5 p.m. on Sunday, July 10.
- El Pomar Rd., from Park Ave. to Penrose Blvd., will be closed from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, July 2; and daily from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday, July 4 through Sunday, July 10.
- Access to Lake Ave. from the neighborhoods to the north and south will be restricted to Berthe Cir. and Old Broadmoor Rd. from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., from Monday, July 4 through Sunday, July 10.
Other area roads and intersections will also be affected near the Vineyards Parking Area:
- Access from Hwy 85-87 to the I-25 underpass south of Bob Johnson Dr. will be closed and Colorado Springs Police officers will be directing bus traffic from the east side to the west side of the underpass, from the Vineyards Parking Area from 6 a.m. on Monday, July 4 through 5 p.m., Sunday, July 10.
- Traffic at the Janitell/Circle intersection will be monitored and at times directed by police officers, daily from 6 a.m. through 5 p.m., from Monday, July 4 through Sunday, July 10, due to the heavy bus traffic for transportation to and from the Women's Open.