Jan 25, 2012 1:22 PM
Cranberry Apple Cobbler with White Chocolate and Walnut Topping
Makes Six 6-Ounce Cobblers, or one 13x9 Casserole Dish
1/2 Pound All Purpose Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Baking Powder
3 Ounces Butter, Unsalted
2 Ounces Sugar, Granulated
1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Walnuts, Chopped
1. Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces, then mix into the dry ingredients.
3. Add the white chocolate, walnuts and heavy cream, then mix just until combined.
6 Apples, Granny Smith or Golden Delicious
1 Cup Cranberries, Fresh or Frozen
3 Ounces Sugar, Granulated
2 Ounces Butter, Melted
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Cardamom
1. Peel and core the apples, then cut into eighths.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss lightly to coat the apples and cranberries with
3. Fill six individual ramekins or one 13x9 casserole dish with the cranberry and apple mixture.
4. Distribute the topping evenly over the individual dishes or over the entire casserole dish,
using your hands or spoons to break up the dough (it will be sticky.)
5. Bake in an 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until well browned on the top and the
juices are bubbling along the sides.