May 16, 2013 3:58 PM by Jesse Cohen
DENVER (AP) - The families of a Denver couple who were killed along with their two young children by carbon monoxide in a home near Aspen have settled a civil lawsuit.
Denver attorney William Hansen said Thursday that the last of the settlements involving the deaths of Caroline and Parker Lufgren and their children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie, were reached earlier this month. Relatives filed a lawsuit in Denver District Court against the owner, builder, as well as companies that worked on the house and the manufacturer of a poorly vented boiler that sent the deadly gas into the home over Thanksgiving weekend 2008.
The Lufgrens had won a stay at the house in a church raffle.
Criminal charges against county and city building officials were dropped.
12 hours ago