Apr 21, 2010 6:25 PM by Bea Karnes, News First 5

Smoking causes $140,000 Colorado Springs fire

A house fire that sent a woman to the hospital by ambulance Wednesday morning was caused by careless smoking, according to Colorado Springs Fire Department investigators. Her injuries are not life threatening.

The fire broke out around 7:40, in the 2200 block of Constellation Dr.  Colorado Springs Dispatch reported received a 911 call from the home, reporting that an oxygen tank was on fire.

At one point, 30 firemen were on the scene. They had to secure propane and oxygen to keep them from exploding. No firefighters were injured.

A man and a woman were rescued from the house by neighbors before firefighters arrived.


»Topics in this article

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4