Weather - Forecast

Dec 23, 2012 1:33 PM by Jennifer Jacobs

The snow is on its way!

TODAY: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52 in Colorado Springs, 54 in Pueblo, and 31 in Teller County.

TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy and calm with a low around 18 in Colorado Springs, 15 in Pueblo, and 17 in Teller County

MONDAY: A 30 percent chance of snow after 11am in Colorado Springs, a 20 percent chance for snow/rain in Pueblo, and a 50 percent chance for snow in Teller County. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.

CHRISTMAS EVE: Snow likely with a 70 percent chance after 5pm. Cloudy and cold with lows in the low teens.

Snow will ramp up quickly across the southeastern mountains and northern I-25 corridor early evening and spread southward across the southeast plains and southern I-25 corridor during the late evening and overnight hours. We can expect widespread light to potentially moderate accumulations to most of the area. For the southeast mountains, 5-12 inches could accumulate with around 1 to 4 inches across the southeast plains. The heaviest of these accumulations falling across the northern slopes of the Raton Mesa Region and northern El Paso County.

CHRISTMAS DAY: Chances look good for a White Christmas across much of the region. Even the valleys and southern El Paso and northern Pueblo County could pick up an inch or two out of this event. A 30 percent chance of snow before 11am. Mostly cloudy and cold through the afternoon with highs struggling to reach 20 degrees. In the evening, calming down and clearing out with lows in the single digits with wind chills in the negative.

WEDNESDAY: Partly sunny, calm and still chilly with highs near 30 degrees, lows near 10 degrees overnight. Snow will be possible again along the Continental divide Wednesday afternoon potentially spreading into the southeast plains Thursday night.

THURSDAY: Mostly cloudy and cold with highs near 35 in Colorado Springs and Pueblo, near 25 in Teller County. A 20 percent chance of snow in the evening with mostly cloudy skies and lows in the low teens

FRIDAY: Light snow continuing along the Continental Divide with temperatures across much of the region remaining below normal. Partly sunny with a high near 32 in the Springs, 35 in Pueblo, and 26 in Teller County. Many overnight lows in the single digits.

SATURDAY: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 30s in Colorado Springs and Pueblo, upper 20s in Teller County.


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4