Apr 26, 2010 3:54 PM by Bea Karnes, News First 5
Colorado Springs Utilities is revising the Watershed Access Concept Plan.
Based on public feedback received on the Concept Plan, the following modifications are being considered.
* Negotiate limited hunting possibility with the Colorado Division of Wildlife
* Extend the proposed route for the Ute Indian trail to the northern end of municipal watershed land
* Include mountain biking on loop trail
* Maintain closure at Boehmer reservoir for Greenback Cutthroat Trout recovery, in collaboration with the Colorado Division of Wildlife
* Continue partnering with appropriate agencies and trail proponents on an environmentally responsible and sustainable route for the * * * Ring the Peak Trail
* Accelerate design and implementation schedule to begin construction of recreational amenities as early as Summer 2010
This information will be presented at an Open House Tuesday, 5 pm, at the Leon Young Service Center, Pikes Peak Room (second floor),
1521 Hancock Expressway, in Colorado Springs.