Memorial Hospital's Road to Greatness 90 Day Health Challenge
Join Memorial Hospital's Road to Greatness 90 Day Health Challenge beginning February 7th through May 9th.
For 90 days, challenge yourself to drink more water, take the stairs and take small steps that lead to greatness.
You'll be invited to interact and attend special events with Team USA athletes.
Your road to greatness isn't traveled alone.
Check back to koaa.com Your Healthy Family for suggestions to start your 90 day challenge on February 7th.
For more on the health challenge visit www.uchroadtohealth.org.
Memorial's Cancer Center offers a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment. Comprehensive, multidisciplinary care means every expert you may need-from a surgeon to a spiritual care advisor-is part of your memorial cancer team. Our team brings decades of experience, skill, knowledge and understanding together to create the cancer treatment plan that is right for you. In addition, our team will ensure that your treatment is coordinated and streamlined. Advantages of comprehensive, coordinated care include:
• Memorial's cancer team continually assesses each patient's progress and reviews each patient's treatment plan.
• Memorial's team meets weekly to discuss recent cancer advances, trends and clinical trials.
• Our experts collaborate daily on each patient's care, ensuring patients get the care they need with no unnecessary medical appointments.
• Prompt treatment. Every effort is made to expedite prompt treatment for new cancer patients.• Easy access to medical records for you and your health care team. Your primary care doctor is kept informed throughout your treatment and once you move to survivorship, Memorial can, upon request, provide you withyour complete medical treatment record for future reference.Our strength lies not only in our ability to provide the finest, most comprehensive care in the region, but also in our compassionate approach to care. From diagnosis to survivorship, our team will support you through your cancer journey.
Highest Quality Cancer Care
• Detection, diagnosis, treatment, nurse navigation and specialized programs for a variety of cancers, including:
A variety of cancer treatment options, including:
• Radiation therapy, including the only TomoTherapy in southern Colorado
• Chemotherapy and biotherapy
• Brachytherapy (radiotherapy where a radiation source is placed inside or next to the area requiring treatment)
Comprehensive cancer care programs and resources including:
• Medical oncology physician practice
• Breast surgery practice
• Radiation oncology physician practice
• Mary Lou Beshears Breast Care Center
• Nurse navigators
• American Cancer Society patient navigator
• Genetic counseling
• Pain management
• Cancer survivorship program
• Nutrition counseling
• Palliative care
• Clinical trials
• Support groups
• Integrative therapies-acupuncture, healing touch, massage, among others
• Resource library
Nationally Recognized and Accredited Cancer Care
Access to Thousands of Clinical Trials
• The only local partner in the University of Colorado Cancer Center's regional network of care, enabling access to the most advanced clinical trials
Nationally Accredited Cancer Care
• Memorial's Breast Care Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
• Accredited by the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center
May 21, 2013 9:37 AM
Oct 25, 2012 9:59 AM
Nov 12, 2013 10:00 PM
Nov 12, 2013 7:00 PM
9 months ago
Oncology and Hematology
Memorial Medical Building
Memorial Hospital Central Campus
525 N. Foote Ave., Suite 202
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
(Map & directions)
Learn about Stuart...
The simple act of breathing - inhaling and exhaling - is a symbol of hope for Stuart. Diagnosed with lung cancer several years ago, Stuart entrusts his care to Memorial Health System Cancer Center.
Watch his story here ...