Memorial Cardiovascular Care Center offers comprehensive, multidisciplinary services that range from diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation.
Memorial's cardiovascular physicians, and other specialists work together to coordinate each patient's cardiovascular care from the start. This unique team approach gives patients immediate expert medical opinions, which assures an integrated cardiovascular plan and allows treatment to start sooner.
Highest Quality Cardiovascular Care
Memorial's cardiovascular team is nationally recognized and committed to providing the highest quality care in the region.
Faster Heart Attack Care
• When you're having a heart attack, time is of the essence. The faster the artery can be unblocked, the better. At Memorial, the time it takes between a patient arriving at our doorstep and doctors unblocking the coronary artery is a third faster than the national standard.
Nationally Recognized Care
• Awarded a three-star rating by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the highest rating available.
• A Memorial-based cardiologist will serve as the incoming Governor for the American College of Cardiology for the State of Colorado.
Memorial's cardiovascular team performs hundreds of cardiovascular-related surgeries each year. Our expertise and skill make Memorial a leader in cardiovascular techniques that are less invasive, allow for shorter hospital stays and result in a faster return to normal life. In fact, Memorial's Heart and Vascular Center is equipped to handle almost any heart or vascular procedure, including:
• Coronary artery bypass surgery
• Cardiac catheterization
• Coronary angioplasty
• Drug-eluting stent placement
• Valve repair and replacement
• Diagnostic heart imaging and treatment
• Heart tumor removal
• Thoracic surgery
• Minimally invasive atrial fibrillation ablation
• Ablation and cryoablation procedures
• Pacemakers, defibrillator and biventricular device placement
• Laser lead extraction
• Chronic total occlusion revascularization
• Heart defect closures
• Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
• Cerebral aneurysm repair
• Thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
• Carotid endarterectomy
• Chronic venous insufficiency studies
• Claudication treatment
• Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)/thrombophlebitis
• Peripheral vascular disease diagnosis and treatment
• Pulmonary embolism diagnosis and treatment
• Raynauld's phenomenon treatment
• Renal vascular disease diagnosis and treatment
• Varicose vein treatment
Free Heart Risk Assessment
In addition to diagnosis and treatment, Memorial also provides a
free, convenient online tool for you to learn your risk of having a heart
attack. In just seven minutes, you can take a free, confidential heart risk
assessment that could save your life. If eligible, you may accept a free clinical
screening to learn what steps to take to improve your health.
Posted 7:00 AM 5/15/2013 by By Alan Mozes
WEDNESDAY, May 15 (HealthDay News) -- New Italian research offers some cautionary advice for patients with high blood pressure: The next time you take a blood pressure reading, turn off your cellphone.
The reason: Answering a cellphone call during a reading may cause a temporary but (More)
Posted 7:00 AM 5/15/2013 by By Maureen Salamon
WEDNESDAY, May 15 (HealthDay News) -- High-salt diets have long been linked to high blood pressure, but new research finds that those with the condition may have a far greater preference for salty foods than those with normal blood pressure.
In a small study of (More)
Adv. - more news below
Posted 2:00 PM 5/14/2013 by By Brenda Goodman
TUESDAY, May 14 (HealthDay News) -- Patients prone to dangerously fast heart rhythms may get just as much help and have fewer complications with less-expensive implanted defibrillators that run one wire to the heart instead of two, a new study shows.
Implantable cardioverter (More)
Posted 2:00 PM 5/14/2013 by By Steven Reinberg
TUESDAY, May 14 (HealthDay News) -- Women who have a hysterectomy are not in danger of increasing their risk of cardiovascular disease later in life, a new study says.
Although earlier research had found higher chances of cardiovascular disease in the years following a hysterectomy (More)
Heart & Vascular Center
Memorial Hospital Central
1400 E. Boulder St.
3rd Floor (use north elevators)
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Hospital operator: 719-365-5000
Free garage parking & valet
Learn about Lisa...
An expectant mother is normally focused on her baby's heartbeat. But when Lisa developed a heart arrhythmia during her pregnancy, she suddenly found herself focused on her own heart - and she turned to Memorial Health System for care.
Memorial's team of cardiovascular experts and maternal-fetal-medicine specialists worked together to heal Lisa's irregular heartbeat while protecting her unborn child.
Watch her story here ...