Content Tagged As carbon_monoxide

1 year 4 months ago

Colorado boy killed by carbon monoxide

CEDAREDGE, Colo. (AP) - One boy is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper. According to the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, three youths were sleeping in a camper Sunday when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide,...

2 years 2 months ago

Improperly vented furnace led to man's death

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - Investigators say an old and improperly vented furnace pumped carbon monoxide through a Colorado Springs apartment complex and led to the death of a 50-year-old man. Our partners at The Gazette report Colorado Springs Utilities and the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department have determined that...

3 years 11 months ago

Ventilation causes CO sickness at hockey tourney

GUNNISON (AP)-Firefighters say an ice cleaning machine was the source of the carbon monoxide that sickened 54 people at a youth hockey tournament in western Colorado. Gunnison fire marshal Dennis Spritzer said Monday that the indoor ice rink's ventilation system failed, causing it to recirculate the polluted air rather...

5 years 3 months ago

Getting Ready for Winter

A little preventive maintenance can go a long way, in your pocketbook and for your health. -Thursday on News First Five we told you about dialing 2-1-1, which lets you talk to referral specialists who can get you connected with helpful community information. -Also there’s the LEAP...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4